Monday, August 23, 2010

My oil fired hot water heater broke and i need a new one. any one know the price of this job? thanks!?

Basically the tank was leaking water all over my basement and the tec said I need a new one. He said that water had gotten into the fire chamber.the tank is about 15 years old.if you know of any web sites that i could look up to compare prices that would help. i searched endlessly with no answers. thanks....My oil fired hot water heater broke and i need a new one. any one know the price of this job? thanks!?
Funny...this happened to us just 2 days ago. We live in CT. Water leaked out of the bottom seam all over the place. We replaced it with a good quality tank by Bock, 50 gallon, and the total cost installed was $2500. This included the tank, as well as the work of the plumber and heating technician. Unless you're really handy (can solder well), you'll need to call in the plumber; also disposing of the old one is tricky because it's considered hazardous due to the oil. Good luck.My oil fired hot water heater broke and i need a new one. any one know the price of this job? thanks!?
Check out Lowe's or home depot.. They a have all kinds of tanks to chose from. They will probably hook it up for you at a given price too.


Oh I just realized you said oil. They only have gas and electric. Sorry. I would go to a local oil supply company.
I would recommend goin to a plumbing supply store, or even the oil/gas company im sure they could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment