Monday, August 23, 2010

What are you doing to offset high oil prices?

i have a 275 gallon oil tank, and at an average of 4.50 a gallon,that means a fill up of 200 gallons will be $900 dollars


i usaually get 2 1/2 fill ups per winter


$2250 per winter ,plus gas prices for my car!!!!!!!!


ECONOMIC STIMULUS check has been spent on fuel


Whats your solution?What are you doing to offset high oil prices?
I sold my car a couple months ago and bike everywhere. I think we're going to need to become much more localized as in buy groceries and do other shopping close to home.





Here in the USA this seems difficult because our country is so vast geographically. At the time our cities have taken the shape they have, we didn't have too many fuel concerns. Now that this is very much on our minds and with concerns of peak oil, we need to reconsider our neighborhoods and transportation methods. Expanded use of mass transit may also help.What are you doing to offset high oil prices?
I have been using a fuel catalyst, that you add to your tank everytime you fill up. My mileage has gone up from 14 mpg to 18.5 so far. Also I haven't had to change my oil in over 5000 miles and it's still clean. This can be used with any petroleum based product including heating oil and propane. I also use it in my weed whacker, mower, and chainsaw.
I am looking into a wood or pellet stove for my house. I stopped driving anywhere that I don't need to go.


I keep my wifes tank full by giving here 25 per week for gas, whatever she doesn't use I put in my tank.


This Whole oil thing Is a lie. they know it and we know it. it's time to revolt.
Out here in the West we have abundent natural gas and most people have switched to it. I am not sure it will really be any cheaper though.





You can heat less rooms during the winter. We turn the heat off at night and just heat our bedroom. We also bought some heavy felt curtains to help insulate the windows...a fairly cheap solution. I would like to insulate the old house and get new windwos but it is too expensive right now.





http://energycrisis.wordpress.com/
I don't buy gasoline anymore. I bought 2 cars that run on natural gas (methane), so I pay $8 to fill up and it's 99% cleaner to run them than gasoline cars! Couldn't pass up a deal like that. Check out my source below and see if you have any filling stations near you, and if so, go get one of these cars! Do an end run around the oil companies...
you actually dont need to go as far as to use electric. it is now possible to make a car that runs on water seriously here go to this link its a guide on how to change your car from gas to a water fueled car, step by step so that even the general public can achieve this. it will cost its says from 60 to 150 dollars.





http://tinyurl.com/5o2gyz
I just wanted to let everyone know about this great site I found with lots of useful Gas saving tips and information. It is a free site, so no worries. Check it out and save some money like I did using the tips. Good luck!





http://www.BeatTheGas.com/
I limit my speed to 55-60mph on the freeway and use cruise control. That gained me 3mpg on my SUV. Slowing down on the freeway is 100% effective way of increasing your mpg.
I live on social security and it will not increase . It could get cold this winter.
Well indivual cant do any thing in this case nations together can solve these problrms if they want
Let someone else pay the bill.....





Go over to the neighbors for Xmas eggnog and stay till May.
I save a little gas by riding my bike every where. But I don't know what I'll do this winter for heating.
I ride my bike to work 3- 4 days a week. Get my exercise and save on gas at the same time.
well.....the island of Bonaire is nice....nowhere to go(so you don't need to waist oil)...just scuba dive!
convert to air is taking a couple steps to do this check out ConvertToAir.com for information on how air cars work
  • jane iredale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment